Monday, July 16, 2007

Still lost in undecisive land

If I'm not getting an HTPC at the moment, is there anything else that might be interesting? I really want to view HD content on my TV, but how? Perhaps getting and HD DVD player might be the way to go. Elgiganten currently has a promotion where you get a player and five movies for 4kSEK. But then again - will HD DVD be alive in a couple of years? If the DVD playing functionality in the Toshiba HD-E1 had been region free and with DivX support I might have taken the plunge since it is a great upscaling DVD player. As it is now I still need a second DVD player for my region 1 movies and Divx content.

What about a gaming console? The PS3 is 6kSEK (still waiting for the price cut that US saw recently) and the Xbox 360 about 4kSEK. With the PS3 you get a Blu-Ray player in the price, but the Xbox has video live which seems interesting. Not yet available in Europe, but it will come.

So. I'll wait some more. But I'm really itching to buy some new gadget. Any suggestions?

No comments: