Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Insane-man finally decides!

Well, it seems I managed to get out of indecisive land after all. All it took was a push from my wife who explained that we need to be able to record TV and that I probably won't be happy unless I can get everything to work exactly as I want. So an HTPC it is. But I took the easy way out and got the Scaleo EVI since I didn't want to have any hassle setting it up.

Boy was I wrong.

It took me 4-5 hours to get TV4 and TV6 up and running. I was very close to returning the entire system, but kept looking for new services within Vista MCE and finally TV4 showed up. I don't think I did anything (and I have an excellent signal with rooftop antenna), but I did try to enter a different area code to see if I could get MCE to find the additional channels (who were on the same mux btw).

Now on to configuring the rest of the software. Vista MCE crashes when entering a folder with Xvid files, some reports that this is a Nero problem (which came pre-installed). I'll update and see if it helps.

No comments: