Saturday, July 7, 2007

Apple products before Ive were bland

What I found interesting in this chart of Apple evolution was that Apple products up until the first iMac actually did not look that special. Nowadays the design of everything (well, mostly everything - the first iPod Shuffle wasn't really all that) out of Cupertino have dazzling looks, but not so in the old days.

I guess its all attributing to the fact that Jonathan Ive is brillant. And of course the fact that someone at Apple (Jobs, anyone?) has allowed him to do his work, even if it might increase the cost of a product slightly.

1 comment:

gman said...

I totally agree. There seemed to be a large paradigm shift right before the iMacs. I for one, "switched" right about that time. Somewhat embarrassed, I'll admit that this post is from a Vista running Compaq laptop however....

GMAN
http://maximize-traffic.blogspot.com