Sunday, August 3, 2008

New graphics driver installed on the HTPC

BridgeWith the stubborness of a donkey I went and installed updated graphics driver for my HTPC. I've tried this before without much success. Why update then? I figured SP1 for Vista is probably not too shabby, and that installation can be blocked if you have old drivers.

Windows update suggested drivers for my 82G965 Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH) from April 2008, so I went with those. Installed. Rebooted. No sound over HDMI.

But at Intel's page I found version 7.15.10.1472 from May 28 which were somewhat newer (Intel's page incorrectly says that the version number for these drivers are 7.14.10.1472). So the donkey went to work and downloaded that instead. Install. Reboot. Success!

I'm as surprised as you are.

No comments: