Monday, January 7, 2008

iPod touch and SqueezeBox

As promised here is an update on using iPeng for controlling the SqueezeBox: its excellent! It was kind of iffy to scroll on some pages (you needed to use two fingers) and I couldn't find search functionality but other than that it was great. Apparently iPeng 0.2 has added search support so things are looking even better (haven't tried it yet but will soon).

If you have a Squeezebox and an iPod touch/iPhone its a must. There's no reason to wait, go ahead and install it now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Nikla,

still happy with the ipod touch as remote for the squeezebox? I'm intending to buy one but hesitate due to some negative reviews (connection, setup, possibilities) as posted on the net.

pls advise me

Chiquita

Niklas Morberg said...

Using the iPod touch as a remote if for me more of a novelty. I've moved back to using the computer to select what music to listen to and the remote to skip/pause/play/adjust volume.

The Touch is still a great device though, it's just that I don't use it for this anymore.