Sunday, November 18, 2007

Bug in the bedroom TV

As I mentioned a while back I got a new TV for the bedroom. I'm pretty pleased with most of it, the picture quality - which is the most important feature of a TV - is good although the viewing angle is only acceptable.

So far I've found one problem that needs to be fixed. When you watch teletext the picture is automatically set to 4:3 ratio. This is not a problem in itself, but if you use teletext for subtitling the TV forces the image ratio to 4:3 even if it is broadcast in 16:9. Now its a problem. Unfortunately its not possible to override the image ratio to 16:9 while in teletext mode (or mixed mode).

I submitted a support issue to Philips today. It will be interesting to find out the quality of the support function at Philips. Unfortunately my expectations are low after having dealt with Fujitsu-Siemens support previously. I know its a different company and I hope I will be positively surprised.

No comments: